I could eat caramelized fennel and onion all the time, but it is way better on a pizza. It takes no time to prepare it, and it is delish!
- 1 store-bought pizza sheet, or homemade pizza dough
- 1 bigger fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1-1 tbsp. sesame oil and olive oil
- 150 g pesto
- grated cheese, as much as you like (we use a lot)
- salt, pepper, thyme, oregano to taste
The recipe couldn’t be more simple: caramelize the fennel, garlic and onion slices on low heat in the oil, seasoning them generously. Once it’s translucent – golden and soft, they’re ready. Preheat the oven to 250 C. Roll out the pizza dough, add pesto, the onion-garlic-fennel mixture, and the grated cheese. Bake for approximately 8 minutes, until the dough is ready. Serve it hot!